Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are your hours? Monday to Friday, 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
2. Do you provide snacks? Yes. Nutritious snacks are served at scheduled times, and they are provided at no additional charge to parents.
3. Is there anything we have to bring to preschool for our child? You will need to bring a water bottle, healthy lunch and 2 full changes of clothes. If your child is not yet toilet-trained, you will bring diapers, diaper wipes, and diaper rash ointment. You may bring a “lovey” for nap time use.
4. Does my child need to be toilet-trained? No. Your child need not be toilet-trained. We will help your child with toilet learning.
5. How do we pay the tuition? The tuition is in a fixed amount, payable on the monthly basis. It needs to be paid by 5:30 PM on the last business day of a month for the next month’s service. If late, a late payment charge of $30 will apply. The tuition can be paid by automatic electronic payments or check (no cash payment accepted).
6. What if we are late to pick up our child? There is a late pick-up charge of $1 per minute after the scheduled pick-up time, as agreed in the contract.
7. Are you closed on national holidays? Yes, we are closed on the following holidays: New Year’s, Martin Luther King’s, President’s, Memorial, Independence, Labor, Columbus, Veterans, Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, Xmas Eve and Xmas.
8. Do you close for vacations? Yes. The preschool is closed for Winter Break, Spring Break, Summer Break, and 2 personal days per school year.
9. What happens when our child is sick? When your child is sick, he/she may not come to the preschool. If he/she becomes sick during the day, we will call you immediately for pick-up within 1 hour.
10. What happens if you are sick? We may close due to the staff’s sickness up to 5 days a year. Beyond 5 sick days, we will repay you for the days closed due to sickness. (Please note that we have not closed for sickness in the past as we take good care of ourselves and the chance of all the staff becoming sick at the same time is rather slim.)
11. What happens if my child misbehaves? When a child’s behavior is not acceptable, we will first use “re-direction.” If that does not work, we will use “time-out” for 1 minute per year of age. Our form of “time-out” is a relaxing time for a child to regroup. When a time-out is over, we talk to the child so that he/she knows what he/she can do better.